Date Posted: January 8, 2021
Reports to: Managing Director of Production
Area: Production facility, grounds, and job sites
Classification: Full-time Regular
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Custom Designed Signs!
SignArt has the knowledge, equipment, and industry experience to continuously push the envelope in custom sign design. We work hard to take concepts and make them reality by taking advantage of ever-changing technology and staying at the forefront of the industry. Our work speaks for itself, we don’t cut corners to “get the job,” instead our fabricators take the time to comb through each job internally and externally for a finished product that will stand out for years, not months. That’s the SignArt difference.
Aid The Neway is a new wholly owned subsidiary of SignArt. Its mission is to provide panelized, flexible, low cost structures for the delivery of all kinds of aid worldwide. The first product, of which will be a whole family of products, is a Med Station for use as an efficient, low cost way to deliver medical care to the underserved. Initially they will provide testing, treatment, and vaccinations for COVID-19. This exciting family of new products, along with a large input of funds to use for Employee Development, represents much new opportunity for existing and new employees.
The Sign Production Assistant may be called on to assist with maintaining cleanliness throughout the shop, yard, storage, parking areas, and sign manufacturing/loading/installation areas. He/she will also assist with other interesting skill tasks.
- Prepare sign products for painting (will train but autobody paint prep experience helpful)
- Apply and glue jewelite to plastic letter faces (will train)
- Assist in the crating area to build shipping crates and packaging
- Assist with loading, unloading, and putting inventory away
- Assist with maintenance of plant facilities, cars, and truck, and for lease to Williams
- Maintain grounds surrounding plant (lawncare by others)
- Work at job sites as needed
- Wash company vehicles
- Wash windows, inside and out, regularly or when needed
- Sidewalk shoveling/de-icing during winter months
- Maintain log and change filters on heating/cooling units
- Special projects as directed by Supervisor
Duties and responsibilities may be amended or added when determined as necessary for the orderly conduct of the business. Training provided.
As a strong candidate, you will demonstrate many of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Honesty and integrity
- Self-starting, ability to work independently
- Can read a ruler
- Listening and note-taking skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have valid MI Driver License and qualify for CDL Class-A Driver License within first year
Tools and Equipment Involved:
- All standard hand tools as needed
- Cleaning supplies and cleaning tools as provided by the company
Standard shop conditions and variable weather conditions when working outdoors
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position based in Kalamazoo, MI. SignArt offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision plans, company paid life insurance; Paid holidays and vacation time; and 401k with 50% company match up to 6% of employee contribution.
Bonuses are based on management’s perception of employee attitude, dependability, productivity, performance, and cooperation.
Salary will be determined by the amount of characteristics demonstrated within the dynamics of the interview.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Chris Fischer, Human Resources Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or agencies please. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for further consideration will be asked to fill out and return the standard SignArt, Inc. employment application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SignArt is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.