Date Posted: January 7, 2021
Reports to: Managing Director of Production
Classification: Full-time Regular
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Custom Designed Signs!
SignArt has the knowledge, equipment, and industry experience to continuously push the envelope in custom sign design. We work hard to take concepts and make them reality by taking advantage of ever-changing technology and staying at the forefront of the industry. Our work speaks for itself, we don’t cut corners to “get the job,” instead our fabricators take the time to comb through each job internally and externally for a finished product that will stand out for years, not months. That’s the SignArt difference.
Aid The Neway is a new wholly owned subsidiary of SignArt. Its mission is to provide panelized, flexible, low cost structures for the delivery of all kinds of aid worldwide. The first product, of which will be a whole family of products, is a Med Station for use as an efficient, low cost way to deliver medical care to the underserved. Initially they will provide testing, treatment, and vaccinations for COVID-19. This exciting family of new products, along with a large input of funds to use for Employee Development, represents much new opportunity for existing and new employees.
Convert graphic art to tool path using common software, cut and apply Pressure Sensitive Vinyl (PSV) to plastic and other materials using standard operating procedures
- Communicates and work well with others
- Read and interpret drawings accurately
- Lift sign faces (up to 50lbs) to transfer/light table and apply and weed of pressure sensitive vinyl and transmask per specifications
- Apply and weed vehicle/trailer graphics
- Maintains equipment and cleanliness/orderliness of work area
- Monitors supplies, fills out and turns in Supply and Material order list to supervisor in timely manner
- Other tasks that may be assigned
Tools and Equipment
- Computer (CAD, Flexi-sign, Corel)
- Digital printer and pressure sensitive vinyl cutters
- Scale ruler
- Tape measure
- X-acto and other knives
- Art supplies
- Climate controlled workspace in design department
- Clean area of production facility
As a strong candidate, you will demonstrate many of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- High School diploma
- Computer aided design class(es)
- Prior graphics, printer, and application experience helpful
- Lift up to 50lbs with proper lifting techniques
- Stand, lean over, work on knees as needed
- Can read a tape measure/ruler
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position based in Kalamazoo, MI. SignArt offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision plans, company paid life insurance; Paid holidays and vacation time; and 401k with 50% company match up to 6% of employee contribution. Bonuses are based on productivity, performance, management’s perception of attitude, cooperation, and are paid once or twice a year.
Salary will be determined by the amount of characteristics demonstrated within the dynamics of the interview.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Chris Fischer, Human Resources Administrator at email@example.com No phone calls or agencies please. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for further consideration will be asked to fill out and return the standard SignArt, Inc. employment application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SignArt is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.