Date Posted: January 8, 2021
Reports to: Managing Director of Production
Area: Custom Fab
Classification: Full-time Regular
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Custom Designed Signs!
SignArt has the knowledge, equipment, and industry experience to continuously push the envelope in custom sign design. We work hard to take concepts and make them reality by taking advantage of ever-changing technology and staying at the forefront of the industry. Our work speaks for itself, we don’t cut corners to “get the job,” instead our fabricators take the time to comb through each job internally and externally for a finished product that will stand out for years, not months. That’s the SignArt difference.
Aid The Neway is a new wholly owned subsidiary of SignArt. Its mission is to provide panelized, flexible, low cost structures for the delivery of all kinds of aid worldwide. The first product, of which will be a whole family of products, is a Med Station for use as an efficient, low cost way to deliver medical care to the underserved. Initially they will provide testing, treatment, and vaccinations for COVID-19. This exciting family of new products, along with a large input of funds to use for Employee Development, represents much new opportunity for existing and new employees.
The Custom Sign Fabricator is a craftsman responsible for working with various materials to produce quality signs and sign components.
- Assists with metal and plastic:
- Layout of sign components
- Cutting/shearing/bending metal
- Forming letter sides & edging
- Welding, riveting, stitching
- Assembly of metal cabinets or electrical components (neon, LED, fluorescent, transformers, ballasts, sockets, wiring, and sign faces)
- Structural steel and aluminum fabrication
- Preparation of sign components for painting
- Other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Works well within a team environment
- Maintains equipment and cleanliness of work area
- Communicates well with others
Duties and responsibilities may be amended or added when determined as necessary for the orderly conduct of the business.
As a strong candidate, you will demonstrate many of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Detail oriented with interest and experience in producing accurate, professional products
- Prioritization (preplanning)
- Some technical training and related experience (but will train)
- MIG and/or ARC welding
- Previous work with metal
- High school diploma or GED
- Learn and comply with company policy and safety requirements
- Pass Physical and drug testing
- Dependable transportation
- Must be reliable and have great attention to detail
Tools and Equipment Involved:
- Tape measure
- Oxy Acetylene torch
- Radial arm saw
- Band saw
- Foot shear
- 10’ power shear
- 12’ sheet metal power break
- 10’X12 gauge steel sheet pyramid power roller
- Iron worker
- Letter former (helpful)
- Welders (arc and mig)
- Computer aided manufacturing machines
- Standard plant conditions associated with tools and equipment involved in well ventilated, modern manufacturing facility
- Minimal outdoor work required when necessary.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position based in Kalamazoo, MI. SignArt offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision plans, company paid life insurance; Paid holidays and vacation time; and 401k with 50% company match up to 6% of employee contribution. Bonuses are based on management’s perception of employee attitude, dependability, productivity, performance, and cooperation.
Salary will be determined by the amount of characteristics demonstrated within the dynamics of the interview.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Chris Fischer, Human Resources Administrator at email@example.com No phone calls or agencies please. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for further consideration will be asked to fill out and return the standard SignArt, Inc. employment application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SignArt is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.